Under the Patronage of
Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai
Global foreign direct investment (FDI) flows slid by 13% in 2018, to US$1.3 trillion from $1.5 trillion the previous year – the third consecutive annual decline, according to UNCTAD’s World Investment Report 2019.
We are witnessing a global slowdown of the economy, with many countries being more conservative and restricting the inflow or the outflow of FDI. The Geopolitics is hampering the growth of FDI. Globalisation is running out of stem, and a new term is being coined called “Slowbalisation”.
The Global Leaders Debate will discuss the future investment trend and how is it impacting FDI, SMEs, Startups and Future Cities.
The high-level panel will convene heads of state, academia, heads of international institutions, leaders from multinational organisations, leading unicorns and investors from developing and mature economies.
- Role of AI & Machine learning and its capability to transform Start-Up productivity.
- 40% of European Start-Ups classify themselves as AI Start-ups, but they don’t exploit AI. How does this affect the Investors in investing in Start-Up?
- However, other AI StartUps are successful and are able to gain momentum and raise money as well. And, easily get acquired by major players in the industry.
- Start-up funding cycles and understanding investors requirement.
- Identifying and penetrating the target market.
- Perfecting your Pitch Deck.
- Challenges to acquire funding for your startup.
- What are the keywords investors are looking for in a startup / entrepreneurs?
- What do investors see in startups/entrepreneurs?
- Do investors invest in idea or founders?
- How is Fintech Startup revolutionising the banking industry?
- Banks competing with Fintech companies and surviving the disruption.
- What kind of challenges do Fintech Startup face and what causes them to fail?
- Efforts to support startups aiming to assist people with disabilities
- How will Expo 2020 benefit startups in UAE?
- What role do accelerators and incubators play in Start-Up, and how do they prepare them for the future?
- Lean Startup Approach: Emphasized heavily by Incubators and Accelerators.
- How Can Startups make the most out of Accelerators?
- There has been an increase in investment for Blockchain startups despite fall in price for cryptocurrency. How does this impact the country’s economy?
- Understanding Blockchain and It's Potential.
- Building Trust with Blockchain.
- How is cryptocurrency disrupting the global economy and its impact on the banking sector?
- Decentralised applications (DApps) – The New decentralised future
- What mistakes do investors make?