Under the Patronage of
Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai
Olabode Esan is the Head of Energy Services at the Clean Energy Unit of Masdar, a strategic initiative of the Abu Dhabi Government to invest, incubate and establish the renewable energy industry in Abu Dhabi and around the world. In his current role at Masdar, Mr. Esan heads the energy services function which implements energy efficiency performance contracts and on-site renewable energy (solar PV) projects for industry and businesses. He has a proven track record of originating and implementing renewable energy projects totaling more than 100MW across 20 countries to date, including MENA (Middle East & North Africa), Asia, the Pacific and the Caribbean. He joined Masdar in 2009 as the Waste Manager for Masdar City and produced the technology road map that allows the City to realize its waste resource recovery goals. His previous roles include: Waste Adviser (and Acting Director of Public Sanitation) at Abu Dhabi Municipality; several positions in UK consulting firms and Local Government Authorities. A UK Chartered Civil Engineer, Mr. Esan holds an MSc degree in Environmental Technology from Imperial College, University Of London and a BSc degree in Civil Engineering from The University Of Lagos, Nigeria.
10:00 - 11:30
FC Pillar Session 4 - Global Transition to 100% Renewable Energy by 2050
- Combination of electrification and increased use of renewable energy could be a vital key in achieving climate goals by 2050
- Solar is the key to achieve 100% renewable energy and creates more jobs as well
- How will small/large scale enterprises contribute to achieving clean energy?
- Electrification of transportation – the rise of electric vehicles. How does the automotive future look?
- CO2 emission is on the rise like never before. What actions need to be taken before it’s too late.