Under the Patronage of
Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai
Miguel Eiras Antunes - Global Smart Cities & Local Government Leader at Deloitte Consulting business strategy has been a lifetime experience to Miguel since the moment he started his career, in the early 90’s. Since then, Miguel built a path of excellence and success through a deep understanding of public and private entities on complex projects and large business transformation initiatives. Thinking ahead of his time, Miguel has spoken at global conferences and events about the future trends on civil government, education, transport & mobility, health & wellness, environment and sustainability and developed strong relationships with global leadership teams and advisory boards of several global forums regarding future cities. Global Leader for Smart Cities at Deloitte. He also leads Government & Public Services and Transportation, Hospitality, Services and Automotive Sectors at Deloitte Portugal.
10:00 – 11:30
FC Pillar Session 2 - Smart Mobility and Future of Urban Development
According to the United Nations ‘World Urbanisation Prospects’ report published in 2014, 75% of the world’s population is expected to live in urban areas by the year 2050. Currently, 54% of the global population is located in cities. Between now and 2020, the global urban population is expected to jump by about 1.84% per year.
- Population boom and urbanisations puts a lot of strain on resources & calls for smart cities with meticulously urban design to promote efficiency, eco-friendly and sustainability.
- Transforming traditional cities to smart cities and their challenges.
- Identifying solutions to combat security issues
- Building the trust of smart city citizens
- Building smart cities with safety and intelligent mobility.
- Future of Autonomous and Electric Cars and its impact.
- How will future mobility impact the residents of tomorrow's smart cities?
- Traffic Management: Top priority for many smart cities