Under the Patronage of
Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai
Karen is Co-Founder and COO of Visory, a computer vision AI company focussing on urban tech. She has over 15 years of experience working in mainly IT and ICT fields in management and business development positions in the UK, the Middle East and Nordic countries. Before founding Visory, she was Director of Business Development at CGI Estonia, heading up their business development functions and developing foundations for company-wide innovation and product development. Before joining CGI, Karen occupied the role of Head of Business Development for Mooncascade, tripling their annual revenue during her time with the company and successfully expanding their geographical reach as well as building an efficient sales team from the ground up. Karen is a regular speaker on strategy, business development and management topics at international conferences and events, including keynotes at Google Baltics and Nordic Testing Days.
10:00 - 11:30
FC Pillar Session 2 - Smart Mobility and Future of Urban Development
According to the United Nations ‘World Urbanisation Prospects’ report published in 2014, 75% of the world’s population is expected to live in urban areas by the year 2050. Currently, 54% of the global population is located in cities. Between now and 2020, the global urban population is expected to jump by about 1.84% per year.
- Population boom and urbanisations puts a lot of strain on resources & calls for smart cities with meticulously urban design to promote efficiency, eco-friendly and sustainability.
- Transforming traditional cities to smart cities and their challenges.
- Identifying solutions to combat security issues
- Building the trust of smart city citizens
- Building smart cities with safety and intelligent mobility.
- Future of Autonomous and Electric Cars and its impact.
- How will future mobility impact the residents of tomorrow's smart cities?
- Traffic Management: Top priority for many smart cities