Under the Patronage of
Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai
Date of birth: 07/14/1955 in Jura, France Graduate of the Institut d’Etudes Politiques (Paris Institute of Political Science) and the École Nationale d’Administration (1980) Chevalier dans l’Ordre Nationale de la Légion d’Honneur Chevalier dans l'Ordre National du Mérite Hugues Parant graduated from the École Nationale d’Administration (French public administration school). He joined the French government Administration in 1982. He has been a Prefect of the Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur region from November 2010 to July 2013. Between 1989 and 1993, Hugues Parant was responsible for the US offices of DATAR (France’s Delegation for Spatial Planning and Regional Attractiveness), helping American firms set up in France. He then served as National Tourism Director until 1998, before continuing his career as a Prefect. On 7 October 2013, Hugues Parant was appointed by the Minister of Regional and Housing Equality, to the position of CEO of the Etablissement Public d’Aménagement de La Défense Seine Arche, the public authority responsible for development and urban planning in the La Défense and Seine Arche districts. On 6 March 2017, Hugues Parant is appointed CEO of the Etablissement Public d’Aménagement Euroméditerranée, a major urban development project in Marseille, an operation of national interest in the second largest city in France for 20 years.
10:00 - 11:30
FC Pillar Session 2 - Smart Mobility and Future of Urban Development
According to the United Nations ‘World Urbanisation Prospects’ report published in 2014, 75% of the world’s population is expected to live in urban areas by the year 2050. Currently, 54% of the global population is located in cities. Between now and 2020, the global urban population is expected to jump by about 1.84% per year.
- Population boom and urbanisations puts a lot of strain on resources & calls for smart cities with meticulously urban design to promote efficiency, eco-friendly and sustainability.
- Transforming traditional cities to smart cities and their challenges.
- Identifying solutions to combat security issues
- Building the trust of smart city citizens
- Building smart cities with safety and intelligent mobility.
- Future of Autonomous and Electric Cars and its impact.
- How will future mobility impact the residents of tomorrow's smart cities?
- Traffic Management: Top priority for many smart cities