Under the Patronage of
Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai
Gurmeet has 18 years’ experience in legal practice and has practiced law in the Middle East region since 2007. She has advised public and private clients on infrastructure and energy projects with a particular focus on renewable energy, water and power projects. Gurmeet has extensive experience in advising on structuring, procurement, regulatory, corporate issues and contractual documentation (including FIDIC, Australian Standard forms, EPC, EPCM, BOO, BOOT, DBO and O&M). Gurmeet is currently a board member of Middle East Solar Industry Association (MESIA) and has spoken at various conferences including chairing a panel on solar financing with MESIA, spoken on rooftop solar regulations in the MENA region and recently presented the MESIA Solar Outlook Report 2018 on Dubai Eye radio. She has also written various articles including on rooftop solar regulations published in Construction Weekly and Emirates Law, a guide on the Dubai rooftop solar program. Gurmeet is listed in Who’s Who in MENAT Renewables Guide 2017 and Clean Energy Business Council and the Emirates Green Building Council.
10:00 - 11:30
FC Pillar Session 4 - Global Transition to 100% Renewable Energy by 2050
- Combination of electrification and increased use of renewable energy could be a vital key in achieving climate goals by 2050
- Solar is the key to achieve 100% renewable energy and creates more jobs as well
- How will small/large scale enterprises contribute to achieving clean energy?
- Electrification of transportation – the rise of electric vehicles. How does the automotive future look?
- CO2 emission is on the rise like never before. What actions need to be taken before it’s too late.