Under the Patronage of
Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai
Erik Becker, IFC’s manager, Infrastructure and Natural Resources, Middle East, North and Horn of Africa is based in Dubai. Erik has spent almost all of his 20-year career in infrastructure finance, half of which working on the Middle East - including on recent landmark initiatives such as the Benban Solar PV plant in Egypt. After joining IFC in Washington, DC, Erik worked across regions and infrastructure sub-sectors. He was based in Washington, DC, Nairobi and Hong Kong. Erik holds a master’s degree in Energy Systems Engineering from the Technical University of Berlin and an MBA from INSEAD.
10:00 - 11:30
FC Pillar Session 4 - Global Transition to 100% Renewable Energy by 2050
- Combination of electrification and increased use of renewable energy could be a vital key in achieving climate goals by 2050
- Solar is the key to achieve 100% renewable energy and creates more jobs as well
- How will small/large scale enterprises contribute to achieving clean energy?
- Electrification of transportation – the rise of electric vehicles. How does the automotive future look?
- CO2 emission is on the rise like never before. What actions need to be taken before it’s too late.