Under the Patronage of
Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai
Caspar manages SE’s operations in 70+ countries, with more than 10,000 employees across Middle East
& Africa including Central Asia and Turkey. Schneider Electric serves its customers with integrated
efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software in Power Management and in Industrial
Automation Systems. His responsibilities include all aspects of SE’s business.
Prior to joining Schneider, Caspar Herzberg was the Vice President of Cisco Consulting Services for Asia
Pacific, China and Japan. He previously held various executive positions within Cisco and Accenture in
Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
10:00 - 11:30
FC Pillar Session 2 - Smart Mobility and Future of Urban Development
According to the United Nations ‘World Urbanisation Prospects’ report published in 2014, 75% of the world’s population is expected to live in urban areas by the year 2050. Currently, 54% of the global population is located in cities. Between now and 2020, the global urban population is expected to jump by about 1.84% per year.
- Population boom and urbanisations puts a lot of strain on resources & calls for smart cities with meticulously urban design to promote efficiency, eco-friendly and sustainability.
- Transforming traditional cities to smart cities and their challenges.
- Identifying solutions to combat security issues
- Building the trust of smart city citizens
- Building smart cities with safety and intelligent mobility.
- Future of Autonomous and Electric Cars and its impact.
- How will future mobility impact the residents of tomorrow's smart cities?
- Traffic Management: Top priority for many smart cities