Under the Patronage of
Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai
Global foreign direct investment (FDI) flows slid by 13% in 2018, to US$1.3 trillion from $1.5 trillion the previous year – the third consecutive annual decline, according to UNCTAD’s World Investment Report 2019.
We are witnessing a global slowdown of the economy, with many countries being more conservative and restricting the inflow or the outflow of FDI. The Geopolitics is hampering the growth of FDI. Globalisation is running out of stem, and a new term is being coined called “Slowbalisation”.
The Global Leaders Debate will discuss the future investment trend and how is it impacting FDI, SMEs, Startups and Future Cities.
The high-level panel will convene heads of state, academia, heads of international institutions, leaders from multinational organisations, leading unicorns and investors from developing and mature economies.
- Applying AI application to 5G networks to streamline and customise services and increase a provider’s return on investment.
- Enabling Intelligent connectivity: 5G, AI and IoT accelerates technological development and enable new disruptive digital service. And how does intelligent connectivity play a significant role in critical sectors like.
- Transportation, healthcare, education, Industrial & Manufacturing operations etc.
- How is 5G going to change the world?
According to the United Nations ‘World Urbanisation Prospects’ report published in 2014, 75% of the world’s population is expected to live in urban areas by the year 2050. Currently, 54% of the global population is located in cities. Between now and 2020, the global urban population is expected to jump by about 1.84% per year.
- Population boom and urbanisations puts a lot of strain on resources & calls for smart cities with meticulously urban design to promote efficiency, eco-friendly and sustainability.
- Transforming traditional cities to smart cities and their challenges.
- Identifying solutions to combat security issues
- Building the trust of smart city citizens
- Building smart cities with safety and intelligent mobility.
- Future of Autonomous and Electric Cars and its impact.
- How will future mobility impact the residents of tomorrow's smart cities?
- Traffic Management: Top priority for many smart cities
- Combination of electrification and increased use of renewable energy could be a vital key in achieving climate goals by 2050
- Solar is the key to achieve 100% renewable energy and creates more jobs as well
- How will small/large scale enterprises contribute to achieving clean energy?
- Electrification of transportation – the rise of electric vehicles. How does the automotive future look?
- CO2 emission is on the rise like never before. What actions need to be taken before it’s too late.
In early 2019, nearly 2.5 billion records had been leaked due to data breaches. According to a study by IBM, it was discovered that the average cost of a data breach in 2018 was over $3.8 million, with the average price of a stolen or misplaced record being around $148.
- With Cybersecurity on the rise, how does blockchain provide solutions to secure storage of consumer data?
- Will blockchain technology eliminate human error?
- Blockchain Co-existing with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).